Wednesday 22 July 2015

Lifestyle // Living Room Plans

 


 
 
We've been searching for a new house for about a year now and although we found two or three that we loved after much to and froing we've (for now) decided to stay where we are and extend. We need to add another bedroom and bathroom and would like to also add another reception room, en-suite, office and utility room. For now we are starting with a new porch (four females in the house means far too many shoes!) and re-plastering / redecorating the living room. Tim has lived here for the last eight years or so and the house is lovely but is in need of a more feminine touch around the place, toning down the use of black and adding some accessories! Luckily, he's giving me free reign of the decorating, as long as I stay away from too much green, so I've quickly set to work on the planning.
 
My mum loves interior design so I've been scouring the piles of magazines she has given me for ours and of course headed over to my favourite source of inspiration, Pinterest! The room is currently a peachy colour with neutral carpet that covers an oak floor. There's also a log burner in the room which isn't currently used as we use the one in the dining room to heat the house. We want to keep the room light and airy whilst making it warm and cosy for the winter months. We are looking at a duck egg blue or a grey with a range of textiles and accessories to add depth. I want to strip out the carpet and expose the oak flooring as it seems a shame to hide it away, although Tim thinks I'll regret it when winter arrives! The main focus of the room will be a new fireplace with possibly an electric fire (our village has no gas supply!), which we want to be modern yet timeless.
 
So here is my selection of rooms that I would like to take elements from. All can be found on my Pinterest board.
 









 
 
Amy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx