Sunday 23 February 2014

Six Nations weekend


Friday night was one of the best in a long time. It's no secret here but give me a Six Nations rugby weekend and I'm a happy girl. But, add in to the mix a meal and cocktails at Mimosa, Cardiff Bay and a Wales v France match at the Millennium Stadium with my favourites, then you have a pretty awesome night.


The stadium didn't let us down, it's known for it's pre-match build up and we were treated to a light show aswell as the expected flames ( which were even bigger and better than usual). The Welsh anthem sung here never fails to bring tears to my eyes and with the roof shut, the French chants of"Allez les bleus" were drowned out with "Calon Lan", "Sospan Fach" and "Hymns and Arias"


Our boys delivered with a 27-6 victory over France which brought the house down and left us with the clamber down for pitch side photos and singing down the phone to my friend in Paris all the wa home! I even got an Englishman wearing a Welsh Rugby Union hoody - now that's what you call a good night! 

The rest of the weekend was spent recovering as all the excitement caused my fibromyalgia to flare up, so it was Nando's take out, pjs, chocolates and the Winter Olympics all the way!

How was your weekend? Did you get caught up in Six Nations or Winter Olympics fever? 

Amy-Louise
xx

linking up with Monday Morning Gossip, Life 365


2 comments:

  1. You cannot beat a Six Nations day in Cardiff, especially when we win! I love the stadium, the anthem always gets me going too! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've never been to a professional soccer/football game. I imagine it to be like one of our American football games though as far as the crowd goes.

    I hope you're feeling better.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx