Friday 20 December 2013

Silver & Gold - Fridays Fancies / Some Things I'm Loving

Jumper - Kelly Brook for New Look £27.99 / Faux leather leggings - Mango £24.99 /  Boots - Kurt Geiger 'Saxon' £150.00 / Watch - Coach 'Madison' £249 / Earrings - Accesorize £12.99

I've never been one for mixing silver and gold, somebody once told me that wearing the two together was bad luck. The superstitious part of me took over and it's just been a difficult thing to let go of! However, lately I've found myself drawn to mixing it up and although technically this jumper is grey, the silver fleck and jewel embellishment didn't detract me from mixing it up with the gold accessories.  This Christmas Day I want to be comfy, cosy and warm. Comfort being the ultimate goal, due to the fibro pain I get and also the fact that I am cooking dinner and therefore will be running between the kitchen, visiting family and opening pressies all day (yep all day - we like to spread the present giving out throughout the day). I still wanted a bit of glitz though and think it is the perfect outfit to combine all the elements. 

In other news my favourite drink has definitely become a Starbucks soy peppermint hot chocolate. I think I may have a problem! I'm seriously putting on weight from over indulgence and it's not even Christmas week yet!  I think I need to detox this weekend but I have a night with the girls tonight, my works party tomorrow and lots of baking still to do. I don't think it's going to happen! 

What do you think? Should silver and gold be mixed? will you be sporting casual glam or going all out this Christmas Day? 

Amy-Louise
xx 

Linking up with Long Distance Loving, Lauren Elizabeth, What Katie Did, Style Elixir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx