Tuesday 3 September 2013

High school mama - September goals



This morning has seen me burn my arm on my hair straighteners, drop my mascara on my bare toe, put my clothes on back to front, turn the wrong plug on for the iron only to confuse myself for around ten minutes as to why it wasn't hot!  The reason for this state of drippiness? My baby girl started high school this morning and I am worried sick. Has the SENCO really informed ALL of her teachers about her needs?  Will she be able to cope moving from classroom to classroom? How will she keep up with the other children?  It only seems five minutes ago that I was taking her to nursery, aged three for her first day.  Now, eleven seems far too young to be starting high school.  She looks grown up today in her smart new uniform but spent all last night awake, upset and thinking up every possible scenario of what could happen today, as a mum this crushed me. Twenty years ago to the day, I started this school and now she is there.  It is scary how time flies and as I anxiously wait for her to come home it is probably best that I stay away from any sharp or hot objects.

The start of the academic year always feels like the 'new year' to me than the official January 1st.  Although sad to see summer end, the crisp air of September seems to motivate me to set goals for my personal growth for the next year and they seem more achievable than in the gloomy grey skies of January. Although I am taking a break from my post graduate studies until January so that I can settle Megan into high school, I still feel the need to set some goals for the month.


Health and fitness
Health and Fitness Quotes

Although I usually eat well, the end of the summer holidays have seen more treats and less exercise than normal and I am definitely feeling it.  To help me stay organised and on track, I have decided that on the first Tuesday of every month I will post my fitness and menu plan for the month and document my progress from the following month.  As I have written about before, my fitness goals have now changed from being competitive and in perfect shape to keeping me mobile, helping me in day to day activities and to look after my emotional well being.  This is something that I am still getting used to so will be a learning curve but I am determined to get somewhere with it. 

 A new yoga class has started at Megan's dance school on a Tuesday morning, which is perfect for me being on my day off so this is my first goal. 

I am also going to start preparing my lunches for the week on a weekend.  I usually miss lunch on the days I work due to finishing at 1.30 and then having to rush straight home to be there when Megan finishes school.  If I plan them in advance then I can just grab it out of the fridge in the morning and eat it on the bus home.

Career goals
Write down project ideas and arrange meetings so that an action plan can be made to monitor progress. I decided to put all my project goals on hold over the summer holidays to spend time with Megan.  I am now muddled with so much to do and not knowing where to start!  I want to have made clear headway by Christmas and with limited time outside work I  need to know exactly what I should be doing and when to achieve this.

Household

Mirrors used as windows in the basement

Financially, I am finally in the position where I can decorate the house and by furniture that is exactly what I want!  I have so many ideas that I want to put together a mood board this month so that I can start purchasing items and decorating next month. I also need to declutter and I am so looking forward to this and having a nice home by Christmas! 

and finally.....

I want to bake an apple crumble!  I haven't had one in years since I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and I am missing it so bad! I've literally been dreaming about cuddling up on the sofa with a warm, homemade apple crumble with lashings of custard on a cold autumn night!

Do you have any goals for September?  How do you manage to stay on top of everything?
Amy-Louise
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx