Monday 8 July 2013

Catching up

My posting here has been a little thin on the ground lately. I've been reading everyone else's blogs but really haven't had any time to update mine. Even if I had, there would be nothing to post other than I'm in work and work outfits which are pretty standard!! Over the last two weeks (including weekends) I have only had one day off. Trying to manage that and running around Megan's school schedule I've been pretty beat. But that all changed this weekend! I actually had the weekend off and it was great!

I counted down to home time Friday evening and Dave was there waiting to pick me up and so was the glorious sunshine. We headed to my parents to pick up Megan and wish them a happy wedding anniversary - 33 years of marriage. I love this picture of them when they were young :)

Saturday morning we headed back to my parents (good job they only live around the corner) to deliver my Mums birthday presents. After morning tea with the family, we went home to have brunch and spend the rest of the morning watching the final test of the British & Irish Lions v Australia - one happy girl right here! So proud of our boys and coaching staff! To make the day even better, one of my oldest and closest friends was in town for the weekend so we headed to Cardiff for a catch up. Don't ask me how it has happened, but a few years have gone since we saw each other last, a sad fact of grown up lives and distance. Megan was so excited to see her Uncle David and he finally got to meet my Dave aswell. The afternoon went all too quickly though and with promises never to leave it so long again, we headed home to enjoy the rest of the sun.  




Sunday morning was glorious once more so we enjoyed breakfast in the garden whilst Megan was getting ready at a friends house for a dance competition. We spent the afternoon watching her compete and in between dances headed out to catch up on Andy Murray's progress in the Wimbledon final and enjoy a bit of sun. It was a very long and hot day and difficult to keep the girls cool and hydrated between dances. Bit it was worth it to see Megan come away as winner of the Freestyle competition and receive 'highly commended' and 'honours' marks in her exam.






We raced back to watch the final few games as Murray became Wimbledon Champion, then after a light dinner in the garden cuddled up to watch The White Queen before bed. All in all, a fantastic British Summers weekend :)

Amy-Louise
xx

linking up with Sami and Leeann

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Monday Morning Gossip!

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)


    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Megan, that's awesome! And happy anniversary to your parents :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to your parents! That's so wonderful that Megan won the competition...congrats to her!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx