Friday 14 June 2013

Friday Favourites

It's a very wet, cold and windy Friday here in Cardiff today. Summer feels as though it's long gone although I hope it perks up a bit as we have a wedding to go to tomorrow and it doesn't look as though I'll be wearing my outfit of choice! 


In a bid to brighten things up a bit though here are my five highlights of the week!


1. Dear Harley and Megan, I love you both dearly but why every time that I get in the bath for a soak do you decide that it's time for a chat or some attention! You're both incredibly cute but you ignored me all evening as you were too busy or sleeping, yet me closing the bathroom door is a magnet for cries of "mummy" or meowing!! 
Similarly Harley, when I call you in at bedtime it means that I want to sleep, not spend the next 45 minutes chasing the field mouse that you've caught me as a 'present' around the living room and under the sofas! I am glad that you are feeling better though after your trip p the vets this week. 


2. Dear Rheumatologist, thank you for giving us some good news amongst the not so good this week.  It is good to know that we now have a choice about somethings now.

3. Dear Tyler, thank you for taking me for a midweek lunch to Las Iguanas on Wednesday.  Who doesn't love a cocktail with lunch aswell!?! It was a welcome distraction during this week.


4. Dear Terra Nova figurehead, you've fed the history geek in me this week. I was so excited to see your arrival at work.  You are beautiful and the perfect way to mark the centenary today of your ship returning to Cardiff.

 For the non-history geeks here, the Terra Nova was Captain Scott's ship on his expedition to the Antarctic, which left Cardiff in June 1910.  It saw Scott and his crew perish in February 1913 and on the 14th June 1913, the ship was returned here. You can read more here.



5. Dear Dave, what can I say, this Sunday we have made it a year! It has been a life changing twelve months and I am so glad that we found each other. Thank you for supporting me again through this difficult week and loving me more than I thought you possibly could. 


I hope you've all had a good week and the weather allows you a great weekend! See you next week.
Amy-Louise
xx


linking up with Lauren ElizabethThe Sweet Season


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I just saw your comment about the dress...can you email me at thetinyheart@gmail.com? I don't know your email address :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Zappos Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx