Monday 25 March 2013

Weekend Catchup

So, I'm sat by the fire, with a cup of tea in my pj's and a jumper writing this whilst Dave and Megan are in the kitchen baking some banana bread. Who'd believe that this time last year we were in the middle of a heatwave and this year it is still bitterly cold and the snow is still hitting hard.  We are lucky so far in that only the mountains are snow capped here at the moment, but family and friends in other parts of the UK still have lots of snow on the ground.

Despite of the cold we have had a lovely weekend.  Dave and I braved the icy wind and rain Friday night to go to a Biffy Clyro gig.  We got in early and went for a few drinks at the Chapel 1887.  It's a beautiful old Welsh chapel that was a landmark in terms of architecture when it was built in 1887 as it features strong elements of French gothic architecture. It has now turned into a bar and restaurant and is just beautiful. Dave and I will definitely be returning.  


   


The gig didn't disappoint, the visuals and set list were amazing although I suffered Saturday from standing all night. 

Saturday was a lovely relaxing day. Megan went to dance class with her friend and then headed there to play for the day. It's lovely for them to be able to spend time together on a regular basis now. They sure did miss each other when we lived in the city. It also meant that we could have a lie in this week and a leisurely afternoon walking around Ikea. We went there to finally get the missing fixings for my wardrobe and ended up picking up a few odds and ends. I love Ikea and could spend a small fortune each time I go there. Saturday night was spent watching Madagascar with Megan and another episode of The Wire when she was in bed.

We were blessed with having another lie in Sunday morning! Megan was tired and did not want to get out of bed. After a visit to my lovely Grandad's, we took Megan to the National Museum of Wales for the first Cardiff Children's Literature Festival. I plan on writing more on this later in the week but let's just say that Megan was thrilled to meet Cressida Cowell, author of the How To Train Your Dragon series and movie. She was an incredible lady and Megan was able to get another book signed.


A slow cooked shoulder of lamb, roast potatoes and veg was the perfect warm end to a wonderful weekend.

I apologise for the lack of photos this weekend but it really was far too cold to be taking them outside! Plus the wind and rain did all sorts of wrong to my hair and skin!

What did you get up to? I hope you had a lovely time and it was warmer than ours!
A xx

linking up with

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx